Wednesday 10 July 2013

Triple chocolate brownies, take two

After being away for a over a week, I feel like its time to get some baking done! I will hopefully have a free weekend to whip up some treats to go on the blog and more importantly EAT!

I did quickly make up a batch of brownies in response to a request for something chocolatey. I decided to have a second attempt at John Whaite's brownies.

You may recall that the first time I made these I forgot about them, overbaked them and consequently the texture suffered.

This time I did not overbake them, hurrah! The texture is dense and they are packed full of chocolate flavour, they are what I would call a 'professional' brownie. By this they cut very well and you could imagine them being packaged up without sticking.


Are they the perfect brownie? Hmm the juries out, they taste so rich and amazing yet there is just a little bit of gooey-ness missing in the centre. I do not think I could bake them any less though. I may give them one more try before setting back out on my quest for the ultimate brownie!


If you would like the recipe you will find it here.




2 comments:

  1. these ar deffo the perfect brownies, look at those clean edges! there is nothing more satisfying than whipping up a batch of brownies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree, making brownies is very therapeutic!

      Delete