Wednesday 28 November 2012

Macadamia, white chocolate and cranberry biscotti

These were a pre Christmas test, as I plan to put the refined products into hampers I am making. I have a few ideas for the hampers and will of course be having to test them all out before I give them away. As M says, its a hard life being cake tester!

Macadamia, white chocolate and cranberry biscotti

makes ~ 24

 140g plain flour
150g caster sugar
tsp baking powder
2 eggs
tsp vanilla paste
50g dried cranberries
50g white chocolate, roughly chopped
50g macadamias, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 150C/130C FAN and grease and flour a large baking sheet.

Mix the flour sugar and baking power together. Whisk together the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Mix until it has all just about come together. Add the cranberries, nuts and chocolate and mix until they are well distributed and everything is incorporated.

Spoon the dough into a log shape on the baking sheet, about 20cm long and 5cm wide. It will spread so do not make it too wide, it does not spread length ways so much.

Bake for 35 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and using a sharp knife cut into slices 1cm wide.

Lay the slices baking on the baking sheet and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven and turn the slices over. Put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.


These were deemed delicious as they were by M but I want to make a couple of minor tweaks before giving them away.

When I make them again I plan to soak the cranberries overnight in fresh orange juice for added zing. I am also going to increase the amount of macadamia nuts to 75g. I may also increase the white chocolate, still toying with that idea. I think its time to put the kettle on have a couple more and mull it over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment