Saturday 1 September 2012

Aztec cookies

Are we all excited about the return of the great British Bake off? I know I am. I am just as excited by the new book to go with the series, Great British Bakeoff: How to turn everyday bakes into showstoppers.

I came home from work on bank holiday Monday, yes in Scotland  its not a holiday, well it is for M he works at a bank and holiday have to be the same, and waiting for me was this book, a present for me! Mind you as M says its not really a present all for me, he knew when he was buying this book that he was going to get to eat all the treats from it, so everyone wins!

I sat and red this book from cover to cover, which can take a while as it is satisfactorily huge book. I wanted to make everything immediately but sadly last week was super busy at work and so I was limited on time.

I was less sad once I had made and tasted these aztec cookies. The book does exactly what it says on the tin turning these quick to make cookies into show stopppers with the addition of gold dust (yes I already had gold dust lurking in my baking cupboard...)

Normally I am not a fan of cakey cookies, I like them crisp or chewy, not soft. However the flavour of these is so lovely that I shall make an exception. Deep chocolate and coffee make for a lovely rich biscuit, complimented by nice large chunks of white chocolate. They are just the thing after a long day.

The book features recipes from the current show plus plenty of others. And don't worry it does not reveal the winner.

2 comments:

  1. I made these too and they were delicious! The gold dust really does make a difference :) Some of the recipes look quite challenging - I'm not sure I'm up to it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some recipes definitely need working up to, not to mention about 8 free hours!

    ReplyDelete